2005-01-20

She willfully honed her clichés, preparing for battle

I raise the welcome banner to all and sundry, but woe beit to him, who does not rise to the occasion and buckle down to some serious writing when paying me a visit.

I hope that you (the you who wants to write, not only read) try to say something you haven't said before, or at least in a way you haven't said it before, all in a joint effort to keep language alive and kicking. This may already be an active principle for some of us (and fille in particular), but we all bear an EQUAL RESPONSIBILITY.

Don't worry, I'm satisfied so far.

It's snowing here, inside and out. I have barely slept. I haven't been able to sleep well for at least a week, which bodes no good. Our female dog is in heat, our male dog is losing his mind and taking the rest of us with him. This is not my actual source of anguish, but it really doesn't help.

6 Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

Good gods woman! I've got my own blog(s), the Chronicles, C+, UC-UK, Britpoly (amongst other lists) and a job! You want me to write here too ;) ?

Anyway. Sorry to hear you're not sleeping. Not been sleeping much myself recently. "Dreams" of a fat Russian called Oleg and all that (must tell you about that sometime). Plus I had an altercation with a car driver on Monday so now I have a badly strained shoulder that hurts lots.

I do like the layout.

3:04 PM, January 20, 2005  
Blogger Jeanne said...

Sam- now you've swung the bottle, and I can sail safely.

4:45 PM, January 20, 2005  
Blogger Jeanne said...

Sam-
Basic black, you mean? Better than dots, and I do so want you to feel at home.

4:59 PM, January 20, 2005  
Blogger la fille du fromage said...

for some reason, dogs in heat really gross me out. poop? that i can wax poetic on all day long. dogs in heat? no way. dogs seem obscenely biological. well, most dogs. what sort are yours?
thanks for the kind words, ms. jeannie pants.
no one has commented on blog in days. i'm staring to get a complex. i think the martians have lost interest in me. i shouldn't be so needy anyway. and i think my posts have been below par lately. i'll have to work on that. inspire me, madam.

2:01 AM, January 21, 2005  
Blogger Jeanne said...

fille-
Our female dog is not so bad. Willing, but not overly eager. Our male dog is like a coiled spring. He is bad publicity for maleness.

8:50 AM, January 21, 2005  
Blogger Jeanne said...

Our dogs?
Norwegian Buhund and Finnish Lapphund. Hund being of course dog. They are both from the same general family as huskies. Pointy ears, pointy noses,and curled up tails. But smaller. I doubt they are well represented on your side of the Atlantic.

9:00 AM, January 21, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home