2005-07-16

People aren't who they think they are

Some days I am overwhelmed by the actual nature of everything. This is a good thing. Very poignant. I don't know if I am different on those days, or if everything is more in harmony with itself and I (among others, I'm sure) happen to notice it. People's actions are straining in the direction of goodness, or truthfullness, or whatever that feeling is that appeals to me. Places are exactly what they are, and unique, and I want to see them all. Today was like that, at least in the middle. Very nice. I guess my batteries are charged now.

6 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

Sounds like you achieved enlightenment - if only for a brief time. As Hui-neng said "One enlightened thought and one is a Buddha, one foolish thought and one is again an ordinary person."
Needless to say, I'm ordinary most of the time.

festi - persistence wears resistance. don't let a little thing like a slap (or a restraining order) stop you. Don't worry, we'll still write to you when you're in prison.

3:04 PM, July 19, 2005  
Blogger Jeanne said...

festinog:
Perhaps you strained in the direction of lewdness. They sound quite alike after a beer or two.

8:59 PM, July 19, 2005  
Blogger Jeanne said...

Joe:
I think I saw the light shining in the crack beneath the door. I just have to be quicker to get to the latch next time.

9:03 PM, July 19, 2005  
Blogger Joe said...

Oh, that wasn't enlightenment. That was just the flashlight that festi and I were using as we snuck up to peek in your window.

9:50 PM, July 19, 2005  
Blogger Jeanne said...

And I thought I was so close!

10:01 PM, July 19, 2005  
Blogger Jeanne said...

Oh, everybody, I suppose, except for those who are conciously trying to be bad. And perhaps even them. On a day like that, it would be like ignoring a giant magnet when you're a litle piece of iron.

12:44 AM, July 25, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home