2005-04-06

Dreams and Divinations

"Happy is the man who cares not what he dreamed upon awakening"
-Jeanne

I had a disturbing dream last night. The strongest and most lasting image was of a shallow lake with clear water, which I walked along on a wooden path. The sandy lake bottom was covered with dead crows, the heads, wings and tails of which were intact but which had been plucked or eaten by fish in their middles.

I can't seem to let go of this image. I have the feeling I am walking through the day backwards, trying to interpret what's happened. I'm quite sure if I turned and faced forward, the dream would follow me if it was meant to, but my uncertainty bogs me down. I think I'll go outside and try to cast it to the winds. This doesn't feel good.

9 Comments:

Blogger Greg Garvin said...

Dreams are mystery. Don't hang too tight, eh? Anyone who affirms "good" cannot be far from true good themself.

4:41 AM, April 07, 2005  
Blogger Jeanne said...

Sir, you are too kind.

9:20 AM, April 07, 2005  
Blogger Jeanne said...

Steve,
As I said, happy is the man...

2:17 PM, April 07, 2005  
Blogger Jeanne said...

Steve,
Perhaps, according to your interpretation, they are. But then again, they must never dream at all. I suppose that, having laxed in intelligence or observance in their waking lives, they have a second chance to practice it as they dream, and can still wake up with a smile on their faces, having gleaned (however belatedly) what ever information was being offered them.

But,

I was referring to a feeling of self assurance, or confidence in one's self and the universe, that would allow one to disregard dreams, certain that one possessed or would be provided with all the tools one needed in any given moment.
We had a children's book when I was small, in which a bear cub climbed out from a hollow tree in the morning, and rubbed his eyes, and said, "Hello, world!"
That is what I am envious of.

4:39 PM, April 07, 2005  
Blogger Jeanne said...

By the way, this is EXACTLY what I like to do on blogs.

4:47 PM, April 07, 2005  
Blogger brendar said...

This is easy. The shallow lake represents your communion with nature (or your creator), the wooden path represents your attachment to the modern world, the crows are the spirit of helpless negativity and the fishes are your appetite for self actualization.

Come on people.

5:14 PM, April 07, 2005  
Blogger Jeanne said...

Being questioned, challenged, informed, or inspired. Conversing,
in other words.

5:16 PM, April 07, 2005  
Blogger Jeanne said...

That last bit was for Steve.

Brendar,
Our quicktime is out of wack, so I couldn't look at your fishes. Were they significant?

Helpless negativity? I like crows.

5:26 PM, April 07, 2005  
Blogger Jeanne said...

Steve,
And doing it back, of course.

11:09 PM, April 07, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home