2005-09-06

Oops.

Aunt Nettie pointed out that I am a grump. I told her that I'd been sick. I told her I've had two other sick family members to look after. I told her my peas have a virus, and the kitchen's a mess, and my nose is stuffed up. She merely tightened her lips and looked at me. A breach of etiquette, it was clear, was a breach of etiquette. There could be no mitigating circumstances. Amends were called for, and promptly.

She's a tough cookie, Aunt Nettie, even if her gentle tongue gives no hint of it.

4 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

Aunt Nettie is a tough, but fair woman. Yet another reason why I tend to avoid her as much as possible.

2:56 PM, September 06, 2005  
Blogger Jeanne said...

Aunt Nettie is blushing.

3:37 PM, September 06, 2005  
Blogger Jeanne said...

Joe,
Don't worry. I don't have any links, and she is far too polite to follow anyone uninvited.

3:43 PM, September 06, 2005  
Blogger Jeanne said...

I have a very big family.

5:25 PM, September 06, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home