2010-03-25

Opting Out

It was sad, but I took it as laid back as I could. I didn't have much choice if I wanted to leave there with my sanity. They asked me, and I had to admit, it wasn't like I didn't see it coming. It was what I'd call a drawn out demise. Loss of a partner more than a year ago, no "action", no real contact at all. No sense of purpose. In the end, the pain was just too overpowering.

But what a day. Over an hour in that unpleasant office, trying to block out the sounds of people "getting to the root" of it. All I really felt at the end was numb. And to top it off, when I got home and wanted comfort, what did I get instead?

"I don't want to hear about it. "

Was that helpful? He may be squeamish, and there WAS a lot of blood, and I admit I've got thicker skin having been there before, but come on. He can carry a bit of the load. After all, I was the one with the tooth.

6 Comments:

Blogger Greg Garvin said...

Hilarious! You haven't lost it, Jeanne.

G

6:23 PM, March 27, 2010  
Blogger Jeanne said...

LOOK WHO'S COME OUT OF THE SPACESHIP!!!!

7:16 PM, March 27, 2010  
Blogger Greg Garvin said...

Hibernation does not suit Martians after all. We begin to shrivel up and pee on the floor a lot.

8:24 PM, March 28, 2010  
Blogger Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

Heh!

Classic Jeanne!

9:52 AM, March 29, 2010  
Blogger tsduff said...

Holy cow gal - you are superb! Here I was getting ready to freak out because of... well, you must admit whatever it was sounded quite bad - a fitting reading for me on April Fool's Day. Thank you.

Rabbit Rabbit

4:32 PM, April 01, 2010  
Blogger Jeanne said...

Terry,
I SO should have waited till April 1st.

2:55 PM, April 02, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home